Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sprouted!

I have planted a variety of seeds as the beginning of my vegetable garden. I only started planting on Friday (three days ago). I have planted rosemary, chives, basil, carrots, radishes, beetroot, lettuce, sweet corn, tomatoes, chillis, capsicum, zucchini and strawberries, all in the form of seeds. I understand some are easier to grow than others. This morning I began watering my newly planted seeds and was so surprised to see that my radishes have already sprouted!

I'm looking forward to having a lovely salad with my freshly grown radishes, lettuce and a freshly made mustard mayonnaise!

When I told my dad about my gardening efforts and plans he told me, "It doesn't count until they produce." Looks like I am a little closer to being counted!

No comments:

Post a Comment